Monday, March 2, 2009

This time next week...

I will be at the airport, jetting off to Vienna in a couple of hours. Incredible.

I received my Eurorail pass in the mail this weekend. Looking through the booklet of train schedules, it finally hit me that I'm actually going to Europe for two months. Seeing how far Vienna is by train from various cities - Prague and Budapest, Salzburg and Venice - made it real for me. There's still so much for me to do, though. No rest for the wicked, they say.

A frequent question I'm asked is if I've ever been abroad before. My answer: I've been to Sault Sainte Marie, Canada for two days and I've been to the UN Building in New York City, which is technically international ground. Both of those were on choir tours. (Young Catholic Musicians, holla!) Other things you might want to know:
- The longest I've been away from home: two weeks at Bits and Bridles Girl Scout camp.
- The farthest: Orlando, Florida at almost 1,000 miles from St. Louis.
- The last time I was on a plane, it was 1992 and I was three years old. (Disneyworld or bust!)
- I've never been on a cross-country train.
This is definitely going to be a trip of firsts and -ests for me, and I can't wait!!

On top of all my preparing for the trip, I also have midterms to take care of this week. Right now, I'm taking Music Theory IV, Lyric Diction, voice lessons, voice Master Class and God: Pros and Cons (a very interesting discussion-based class for my philosophy minor). I also have student recital attendance and Chorale. We just finished recording some of our repertoire (some Brahms, Poulenc, Debussy, etc.) in the Chorale earlier today and I was able to hand in my music when that wrapped up. It feels nice to be able to scratch something off my list of things to do. Now all that's left is a paper, a quiz, a make-up class, a voice jury, and a midterm exam. Oh, and I also need to pack up my entire dorm room and move it back home. Bring it on.

I'm going to the Webster U Concert Choir's concert tonight. I have a handful of friends in it, so I want to get out and support them, and I also need the attendance point.

Love, Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment